Reporting to the V.P. of Sales, the Sales Manager is the direct management contact for all Storage & Dock Products Sales activities. This includes problem analysis, problem solving, and employee mentoring and training. This position is responsible for ensuring that the British Columbia Sales team’ meets and exceeds goals outlined while maintaining and retaining client relationships, and high level planning for the future of the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Storage Products Sales Department processes & staff; including but not limited to training and mentoring (on both systems and sales), develop process and procedures to increase sales and productivity, works with the team to resolve customer complaints, and maintain and retain customer relationships
- Provide leadership and keeps team (8) motivated to achieve sales targets
- Stay current with related trends (includes attending trades shows) and products to be able to be attentive to growth opportunities, partnerships and / or customer needs.
- Manage OEM relationships
- Forecasting and progression planning (high level) for all aspects with the Storage Products Sales Department; this includes but is not limited to areas such as processes and procedures, budget, product lines etc…
- Manage Storage Products Sales Department allocated budget
- Reporting (review on a weekly basis with individual reps and provide information and feedback to the V.P. of Sales)
- Liaises and meets with LT Sales Managers for additional sales opportunities
- Attend Senior Managements’ weekly meeting
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Works well under pressure while maintaining composure and direction
- Excellent understanding of sales process
- Collaborative selling and training skills
- Able to effectively multitask while maintaining a high degree of accountability
- Ability to supervise, mentor and coach teams; manages fairly and equitably
- Excellent negotiation skills while maintaining a strong customer service focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) within a wide variety of people and settings
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts, bring key players together in light of obstacles and maintain and retain client relationships
- Maintains a broad, overall view or perspective when presented with issues or problems
- Technical/ conceptual understanding of how storage products and systems work’
- Previous Management experience (7 + years)
- Prior sales experience (7 + years), in a related field preferred
- Degree in a related field from a recognized Post-Secondary Institution would be considered an asset
- Microsoft Office
- Provide and maintain a clean Driver’s Abstract and a valid Class “5” Driver’s License
- Reliable vehicle for work related travel
***Competitive compensation, bonus, RSP matching and benefits.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com
Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.