A fast-growing Canadian precious metals exploration company headquartered in Vancouver, BC, that is focused on new discoveries, value-added acquisitions and targeting production in Mexico’s historic precious metal districts is growing again.
Our client has an opportunity for an Accounting & Administrative Assistant to become a key member of the Finance & Administration team. Reporting to the Senior Accountant and Assistant Controller, the Accounting & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a variety of accounting and administrative functions including:
- Perform basic bookkeeping and accounts payable function: entry of vendor invoices, preparation of expense reports, reconciliation of credit cards, monthly bank reconciliations, payments to vendors.
- Office management: oversee incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, monitor inventory of and order office supplies, answer incoming phone calls, print and file documents.
- Facilitate travel for company executives, management, employees and others: liaise with travel agency, book travel, maintain itineraries and travel calendar.
- Act as primary contact for building manager, IT consultant, and other office vendors and suppliers.
- Organize meetings and other events: set up board room for meetings, organize annual general meeting, book venues for lunches, dinners, and other events.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of corporate records such as minutes and resolutions, agreements, contact lists, treasury orders, and stock options.
- Work on special projects, as they arise.
- Perform other accounting, finance, and administrative duties, as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an office setting with a familiarity of basic bookkeeping and accounting and the desire to work with a small, tight-knit team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working as an administrative assistant, bookkeeper, or receptionist.
- Experience booking travel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Familiarity with accounting software, especially QuickBooks is an asset.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to show initiative, take responsibility, and be a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to work both independently and in a team.
- A positive, professional, can-do attitude.
- Spanish language skills are an asset.
This one-year maternity leave, full-time position is currently open and the right candidate could start immediately. This position offers a competitive salary with top-tier health benefits. This position offers a potential opportunity for growth as the company has ambitious plans to move its project forward rapidly over the next two years. The company is committed to supporting the professional development of its employees.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com
Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.