Ideally living local in the Tri-Cities community we are looking for a highly visible leader and ambassador of our largest office in BC. A results oriented, strong, enthusiastic leader with excellent growth potential is needed for our Fraser Valley Area Managers position. Reporting to the Regional Director, the Area Manager is responsible for managing the effective delivery of the Foundation’s community based fundraising and volunteer development initiatives through coordinated efforts of employees and volunteers. The role provides leadership and direction to employees to ensure that business plans are developed and implemented, goals and objectives are met and that the Heart and Stroke Foundation has a strong community presence. The successful candidate will be a strong people manager with a robust business acumen and demonstrated fundraising event experience.
Fundraising and Community Engagement
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities
- Develop strategies for plans to grow community presence and reach through fundraising and health promotion initiatives
- Achieve all program benchmarks
- Support implementation of new National initiatives
- Develop strategies for strengthening volunteer structures to ensure increased delivery through volunteer resources
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Provide leadership to various committees
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Lead the development and management of area office implementation plans and financial outlooks and budgets.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing revenue and community presence through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives.
- Identify and analyze potential and opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis; be prepared for weekly status update meetings
- Complete a detailed monthly review of area office spending, revenue and key business indicators against budget and ensure accurate and timely outlook, accounting and reporting of revenue and expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Strong accountability for results – taking action and ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers, identifying possible options and alternatives and delivering results within tight timelines.
- Familiarize and comply with all Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Accountable for Health and Safety; understanding of Provincial Legislation.
- Develop and maintain organizational excellence in all aspects of area office operations and management.
Lead the development of an effective and high performing area office team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential. Specifically;
- Work with Human Resources to recruit skilled talent
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally.
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis ensure goals are on track. Comply with Performance review cycle and at a minimum, conduct two formal reviews during the year
- Familiarize and comply with all Human Resources management policies.
- Demonstrate the values and competencies of the Foundation through behaviours.
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
- Fundraising revenue in excess of 1 million
Office supports: Fraser Region which included: Pitt Meadows, Agassiz/Harrison, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, New Westminster, Burnaby Chilliwack, Hope, Maple Ridge, Mission, Port moody, Langley, Surrey and White Rock.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 5-7 years of related experience in a results oriented business environment.
- 3 years of management or supervisory experience; leading, managing and coaching teams and achieving results through others.
- Sales/fundraising experience; working in a metric driven environment.
- Implementing and executing established plans
- Volunteer development and management
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Exceptional customer service and stakeholder experience; understands key internal and external stakeholder objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering with business community events.
- Experience working in a field office environment.
- Possess superior organizational skills in planning, executing and completing projects by agreed to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a demanding schedule and to evaluate and prioritize activities and focus efforts against key business priorities that add value
- Business Smarts and Innovation; strong planning and implementation skills
- Strong relationship management and rapport building skills; able to influence outcomes, build persuasive arguments and gain support to achieve business goals.
- Strong team building and leadership skills; motivates, inspires trust and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to update and maintain database and extract information for forecasting and reports.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; able to identify issues and proactively search for solutions; make sound decisions and/or recommendations.
- Able to handle ambiguity; resourceful
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
- This role requires access to a personal vehicle and flexibility to travel within the area office region.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
When the staff of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is to eliminate death and disability from heart disease and stroke. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
If you have the above skills, identify with our core values and would like to be part of a great team, we want to meet you! The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com. Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.