Chain Account Manager- Alcohol Beverage – Ottawa
- A dynamic national sales and marketing agency, representing international and domestic beverage alcohol producers of premium and prestige spirits, wine, and beer brands, is seeking a like-minded and experienced professional for the role of Eastern Ontario Chain Account Manager.
- The successful applicant must have proven sales presentation and negotiating skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- The preference will be given to those applicants who have knowledge of the business and prior work history in the beverage alcohol industry.
- To maximize the sales, shipment volume, and market share and enhance the portfolio’s position for future growth in the on-trade channel with a specific focus on National and Regional Chain accounts.
- To manage and profitably grow our existing base business with a defined list of chain accounts while also securing new business with defined new accounts.
- To educate and create brand awareness within the target market for the supplier’s brands.
- To source, attend and evaluate any special events or Sponsorship opportunities for the Supplier’s brands.
- To position the Supplier’s brands in the forefront of key accounts within the on-trade channel.
- To execute promotional plans for the territory in keeping with brand objectives, within brand budgets.
- To recommend, plan and manage on-trade activity in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct line reporting to the National Sales Manager.
- Direct management of all the Supplier’s brands and activities in the on-trade channel.
- Develop and foster new on-trade relationships as warranted in order to achieve set KPI’s.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop account strategies in accordance with overall channel strategy
- Maintenance of existing on-trade relationships.
- Manage on-trade budget. Forecast, budget and track account revenues and costs. Maximize and track results.
- Participate in the development and implementation of account’s financial support program, business building program and support Inventory Coordinator on supply chain programs.
- Develop formal presentations for the Supplier’s portfolios for on-trade partners in order to gain listings and sales and consumer activation opportunities.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring performance objectives and KPI’s of the regional on-trade team.
- Coordinate regional sales execution efforts with the on-trade team and, when required, the provincial sales reps through the Provincial Managers.
- Dotted line responsibility to the Provincial Managers when activities are within their region.
- Recruit, hire and train part-time support staff as required to assist in execution of on-premise and consumer promotions.
- Execute activities in order to achieve set KPI’s for the portfolio and report back effectiveness of programming and recommendations on changes if required.
- Work with agency or PR companies as required in order to execute consumer activations.
- Train agency personnel and on-trade staff on brand (and portfolio) key selling points.
- Provide Marketing with guidance on POS and support requirements in order to succeed in KPI’s that have been outlined.
- Prepare and submit monthly report to management team and summarize results from all sales calls and activations, coupled with a review of sales, listings and spend versus target/budget.
- Monthly report to also include competitive insights as available.
- Participate in key meetings with stakeholders as required.
- Recommend participation in events that fall outside of on-trade responsibilities as warranted.
To apply for this role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and if this role is not an exact fit, please note that other roles are available in this vertical so don’t hesitate to submit a resume for consideration.