Our team of industry veterans has collectively worked on a myriad of international major projects including four Olympic Games, the FIFA World Cup, TED Conferences, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, The JUNO Awards, countless international concert tours and several World Expos. Together, we have produced hundreds of events from celebrity gala dinners to international conferences, to major festivals and concerts – from 100 guests all the way up to 300,000. Our expertise is in creating spectacular curated events no matter the size or scope. Our event production services include technical management, stage design, audio and lighting design, site design, décor and prop builds, food and beverage planning, talent curation, and full budget consultation and management.
BRANDLIVE creates and produces exceptional events designed to connect people with brands + ideas through authentic and unforgettable live experiences. Our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We provide a vibrant, dynamic and ever-changing environment of creativity and passion for them to perform at their best and realize their potential.We are looking for an experienced and dynamic HR & Operations Manager to join our Leadership Team and support daily business operations. This is a multi-faceted role that encompasses strategic HR functions, day-to-day business management, employee support and coaching, fostering employee engagement, and matching people resources with company growth.
You are enthusiastic, personable, highly organized, able to manage competing priorities and understand the intricacies of a fast-paced project-based work environment – you know how to bring out the best in people in all circumstances!
- Lead staff resource planning process, maintain HR candidate pipeline, and determine staffing needs on full time or contract basis, with view of maximizing organizational efficiency
- Drive continual positive employee experience, including development of recognition programs, professional development opportunities, performance management plans and fostering a positive feedback culture
- Provide training, coaching, mentoring across the organization as needed, and collect employee feedback liaising as needed with the senior leadership team
- Support the creation of progressive HR programs around hiring, performance feedback, retention, benefits, and compensation that support the companies growth
- Manage a database of contractors for project-based work, hiring contractors as needed to support efficient operations and superior customer service
- Track employee vacation, sick days and lieu time using PurelyHR system
- Supports overall staff operations and resolve any disputes in line with BC Employment Standards legislation
- Ensure office and project processes working to maximum efficiency. Drive updates and improvements of tools and templates and oversee implementation and discipline of usage.
- Involved in needs assessment, research, and testing for implementation of new software and systems which support operational efficiencies and comprehensive project management
- Provide office IT support, including Google Drive access & user admin and liaise with technology suppliers to ensure maximum workplace productivity
- Ensure company Policy & Procedures are aligned with company strategy, clearly communicated to all staff and updated as required.
- Support Finance Department in tracking project milestones, labour and contracts using WorkFlow Max system
- Oversight of company G&A expenses with a view to maximize efficiencies while supporting business operations
- Maintain memberships in appropriate industry associations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ Years HR Generalist experience in Project Based environment
- A strategic thinker, planner, influencer and negotiator
- Fully proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Office applications
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral & written
- The ability to balance empathy with the requirements of the business
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic evolving environment, live event experience an asset
- Ability to prioritize and effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of BC Employment Standards legislation and best practices
- CPHR Designation an asset
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are looking for a long term role in leadership with an excellent team and a company who is the leader in their field, please send your resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.