We are a Nanaimo based privately owned company with over 40 years’ experience in the industry. We are project and people driven. We hire people who excel at their work, take on new challenges while exploring new ideas. Depending on the candidate we are looking for a Foreman and Superintendent/Estimator.
- Setup and preparation of construction schedules.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all site personnel and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Setup and preparation of construction activities to maintain and ensure that the project schedule is on target.
- Setup, preparation, Coordinate Safety Meetings
- Communicate daily with the Client, Consultants, Subcontractors and Head Office to ensure answers to all concerns are addressed.
- Assistance and generation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates for ordering of supply of miscellaneous materials to be purchased for the project
- Report to head office as required on a daily basis
- Deliveries and pickups to be arranged if and as required
- Coordinate municipal and any other necessary inspections as required.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Inform the Project Manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
- Maintain and enforce good civil construction standards and quality control.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of the company’s directly owned equipment on the job site.
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses
The ideal candidate will be a level headed leader with strong analytical and communication skills looking for a long term commitment with a growing company and a drive for performance.
- A high school diploma with minimum of 3 years work experience as a superintendent supporting civil construction activities
- Sound understanding of Safety Regulations, Construction Safety Practices
- Broad knowledge and skills in working with personnel and equipment on civil construction projects
- Excellent communication skills including spoken, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to work under high stress situations, if/when they arise
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of unique industry requirements within different municipalities
Excellent compensation, bonus, vehicle, and benefits.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org