We are looking for a strong, motivated and dynamic forward thinking Controller for a growing Vancouver Island based Construction company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the full accounting cycle for general operations for multiple companies
- Oversee the full accounting cycle for multiple construction projects
- Process and enter accounting transactions including: holdback payable/receivable; capital; accruals; prep-paid accounts; expense capitalization; month-end entries; all year-end entries including over/under billings
- Manage and reconcile inter-company accounts for multiple companies
- Manage human resource function in conjunction with general manager including: benefits; bonuses; raises; workers compensation etc.
- Process payroll for 50+ hourly employees, calculation of Statutory holidays, wage subsidy filings, solid understanding of labour legislation, filing of source deductions
- Manage fleet insurance for 100+ units and general liability policy
- Bank reconciliations, cash receipts, and general daily accounting activities
- Filing of source deductions, GST, PST for multiple companies
- Preparation of year-end working papers and leading external review engagement for multiple companies
- Review and management of project costing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, overdue accounts, credit applications, credit card reconciliations
- Oversee and co-ordinate a department of three to four creating a positive team environment
- Delivery of weekly and monthly financial reporting to senior management
- Ad-hoc reporting and other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in accounting, preferred
- Professional CPA designation, preferred
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of leading the full-cycle accounting operations for multiple companies
- Experience managing direct reports
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with minimum supervision
- Positive professional attitude with the ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to perform complex calculations and analysis
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly motivated and proactive
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com.
Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.