We are searching for a leader of Sales to join a fast moving, entrepreneurial team as we enter our second full year of service. With aspirations to become an iconic experience, the successful candidate will hit the ground running. We are building an amazing Vancouver based team, join us and help us achieve our business objectives and enjoying living our purpose.
The Sales Director, as a member of the leadership team is a critical contributor in shaping a strategic direction that propels the business towards success.
As a member of the leadership team, the Sales Director will participate in the development and implementation of company’s strategic plan, as well as the company’s annual operating plan. The Sales Director will also lead the development of a functionally specific AOP, providing strategic vision for the support of goals, objectives and strategies within the sales and Sales team.
The successful candidate will be a polished energetic leader who can think strategically, act tactically, is hard working and energized by the prospect of being part of a group embarking on creating a world renowned travel experience. You will possess an analytical bias, be tech savvy, and entrepreneurial in your thinking, and have a focus on exceptional service.
- Results driven
- Professional demeanor and style
- Resolute and persistent
- Focus on detail and quality
- Overwhelming curiosity and desire to learn
- Leads by example
- Bias to action
- Values Teamwork
- Mentality of ownership
Essential Competencies and Characteristics
- Demonstrated leadership in building a winning sales team located in multiple locations, while delivering business results.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-Level
- Has worked with a CRM
- University degree, with preference for specialization in business management or similar
- Experience in Tourism industry and familiar with long term sales cycles
- Expert knowledge in channels of travel trade, how they operate, their markets and established relationships with key customer representatives
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts in varying positions of strength
- Capable in Microsoft Office suite of products
- 5 – 7 years sales experience at manager or director level in a small or medium sized organization
- Excellent business judgement skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid administrative, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to prepare budgets and manage to these
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in International Sales
- Has worked in a call centre environment
- Experience with a family business
- Being part of a start-up venture
Reports to: VP & General Manager
Reporting in: Sales Manager
Collaboration & Communication
Key collaboration with Marketing Director on Strategic and Tactical Plans
All internal and external stakeholders
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
- Effectively communicate the value propositions through proposals and presentations
- Provide leadership in all areas of sales, internally and externally
- Recruit, select, hire and coach high performing, collaborative sales members to support company objectives
- Develop strong business development plans to identify, nurture and cultivate strong working relationships and partnerships with:
- Key customers (including tour operators, travel agencies/consortia, select consolidators and other travel providers
- Select DMOs, community &/or business associations, etc.
- Develop, review, negotiate and endorse business contracts to enable distribution of the product through the travel trade
- Effectively oversee day-to-day operations and ensure that performance is on track to achieve profit and growth objectives. Identify gaps in performance and implement needed corrective actions to get back on track.
- Coach team on needed performance improvements.
- Meet as needed with the General Manager to review facts, trends and analysis
- Travel as required to maintain productive business relationships, assess market trends and marketing program effectiveness.
Measures of Performance
- Successfully meeting AOP budgeted financial and non-financial objectives.
- Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the industry and a continuous awareness of competitive situations.
- Representing the Company’s goals and values in all relationships with clients and the business community.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the organization, the Company’s products, and people.
Competitive compensation, bonus and growth opportunities.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com