As part of the Senior Management team, oversee procurement and purchasing process for light vehicle and heavy equipment fleet. Ensure respect of corporate policies and procedures. Provides recommendations to optimize equipment efficiencies and establish the equipment replacement schedule. Support operations to ensure efficient inventory management and maintenance functions. Ensure that operations track records of fuel consumptions, licenses, inspections, equipment aging, warranties, and service agreements for the organization’s fleet, production equipment and fixed assets. Minimizes organizational cost through product standardization and tracking. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for Profit and Loss for the Equipment Division
- Supervise, coordinate, schedule and budget equipment procurement and maintenance.
- Oversee the Parts Department, monitoring costs and inventory control
- Prepares and present a range of reports including Capex, Equipment Utilization
- Accountable for effective budgeting, reviewing of equipment rates and equipment utilization.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures for improvement.
- Provides leadership in personnel decisions related to his area of responsibilities such as hiring and succession planning.
- Monitor estimated equipment repair costs to actual repair costs and improve processes.
- Promotes safe work practices and behavior involving shop maintenance, equipment and plant operations.
- Promotes environmental compliance with respect of equipment, shops and operating plants.
- Schedule, coordinate and communicate equipment repairs.
- Provides internal and external customers with full value quality service.
- Travel regularly to operations sites to conduct assessments and support local management in resolving issues surrounding his area of responsibilities.
- Comprehensive leadership, mentoring, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent scheduling and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Detail oriented and customer driven.
- Ability to work effectively across varying levels of management and employees.
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a team environment.
- Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge of construction equipment.
- Knowledge in safety procedures and policies.
- Extensive background in reading and understanding equipment manuals.
- Mechanical Engineering degree paired with a minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Combination of technical training paired with vocational education such as licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate in addition to 12 -15 years of experience in the construction industry.
Competitive compensation, plus bonus, company car, health benefits, and pension matching.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com