Certified Guidewire Specialist
SearchWest’s client is currently looking for a Functional Lead in their IT Advisory Services Group focusing on Guidewire implementations with Insurance Companies. The individual will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges into technology solutions. The goal is to support their clients’ efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of technology solutions. Their experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions that support the line of business IT organizations of their clients.
This position falls within their IT Advisory team, which helps their clients enhance the operating effectiveness of Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Responsibilities Manage Functional phases with project teams through the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design of the Integration phases of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements. Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization’s capabilities. Use business process, organizational and technology capabilities and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
- Finance Strategy (Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles)
- Enterprise Data Management/Reference Data Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Operations/Technology
- Reinsurance Accounting and Reporting Operations/Technology
- Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting Operations/Technology
- Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business driver-based metrics)
- General Ledger/ERP Systems Features/Functionality
- Data Warehousing Features/Functionality
- Statutory Reporting Systems Features/Functionality
- Enterprise Technology Expense Reduction
Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management.
Qualifications To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor’s degree and approximately 6 years of related work experience;
- Guidewire Certified Practitioner (claim center or policy center)
- 5+ years of Guidewire Implementation experience
- Specific experience with the “policy center” module
- a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
- demonstrated ability to participate in or manage a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle
- strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%.
To apply for this role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and if this role is not an exact fit, please note that other roles are available in this vertical so don’t hesitate to submit a resume for consideration