Surrey Hospital Foundation is the largest non-government funder of health care for families in Surrey and surrounding Fraser Valley communities. The Foundation supports the major health facilities in the region, Surrey Memorial Hospital and the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre, as well as numerous specialized programs for newborns, children, adults and seniors. As a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of British Columbia, Surrey Memorial houses one of the busiest children’s care centres in the province.
As a LEED-certified facility, JPOCS is a groundbreaking medical centre with over 50 clinics and programs. In total the Foundation supports a campus that includes 12 buildings and over 5,000 employees- a health care campus that touches the lives of thousands of patients every day. Since 1992, the Foundation has raised over $135 million by inspiring and enabling our community to support innovative medicine and life-changing care.
Surrey Hospital Foundation is looking for a Marketing and Communications Specialist to plan, develop and lead marketing campaigns through an integrated digital communications strategy that supports the fundraising activities of the Foundation.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships & Philanthropy, the Marketing and Communications Specialist will identify, recommend, plan, implement and measure marketing and communications initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a flair for storytelling that will inspire and engage a diverse community in one of the fastest growing regions in the province. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in a collaborative environment and put their skills and talent towards a great cause.
Developing a coordinated marketing approach
- Works with Surrey Hospital Foundation leadership to develop an annual marketing/communications plan in line with the Foundation’s strategic fundraising, awareness and community engagement goals
- Collaborates with the Foundation team to ensure that all marketing/communications strategies, materials and channels are integrated and aligned with both the Foundation brand and industry best practices
Telling our story
- Builds an understanding of Surrey Hospital Foundation’s fundraising priorities and identifies story opportunities that can be used in our marketing/communications activities to further our fundraising and engagement goals with donors and other stakeholders
- Develops and creates compelling and interesting materials to support fundraising and marketing initiatives, including digital content, newsletters, brochures, posters, event handouts, videos and other collateral material
- Works with external vendors as required to project manage and participate in the production of video, print, digital or other assets
Building our digital marketing program
- Plans and delivers digital marketing campaigns on time, on budget and on brand
- Develops a go-to market process for digital campaigns (that support website and mobile) to drive online traffic and grow the Foundation’s channels
- Recommends design best practices for digital creative development based on campaign performance
- Leads, optimizes and measures media buys to support digital and other marketing campaigns
- Implements growth targets and subscriber acquisition strategies to build and retain Surrey Hospital Foundation’s databases
- Develops an email marketing program to attract new support for the Foundation
- Creates concise digital marketing, creative and media briefs
Proactively managing our brand and our digital channels
- Recommends, reviews and revises marketing and communication materials to ensure consistent delivery of overall Foundation branding and execution of style guide across all media
- Acts as the webmaster for surreyhospitalfoundation.com
- Directs and manages the Surrey Hospital Foundation social media channels – from planning and leading content development, to monitoring interactions and measuring performance
Working with our stakeholders
- Works with Fraser Health’s Communications team to develop opportunities to profile foundation activities within key hospital audiences, i.e. physician community, staff and external stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in a similar role of Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Marketing, ecommerce)
- Experience in the measurement and analysis of social media and website performance
- Familiarity with the advanced features of Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proven track record in creating and executing successful multichannel marketing programs that meet/exceed established targets
- A subject matter expert in digital and or ecommerce with a strong understanding of marketing programs including content marketing, social media and email marketing
- Superior oral communication skills and presentation skills, with a flair for storytelling both print and online
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment with tight timelines
- A strong team player that can work in a collaborative manner
- A strategic thinker who can effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, including the Board and hospital staff
- Energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Extensive computer work, which requires extended periods of sitting
- Role requires the ability to meet timelines and deadlines and to work under pressure
- May involve evening and weekend work/attendance at events
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits. This is a full time contract position. The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com
Only candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.