Our client is a well-established, prestigious and successful winery operating near Oliver, BC. The winery has a very entrepreneurial culture and is ideal for employees who like working in a fast-moving, energetic and positive environment with room for contribution and growth.
The winery is recruiting for the position of Marketing Coordinator (MC). This is a permanent, year-round, salaried position based at the winery. The MC will be responsible for a wide array of “hands on” activities with Marketing to consumers and trade as well as Communications to both the public and the ownership group of the winery. The candidates for the position will be skilled professionals in the field of marketing & communications with ideally a strong background of experience in the wine industry.
General duties for this position include:
- Working directly with the President on a myriad of tasks and functions
- Creation and distribution of electronic and print newsletters to our database and Wine Club members. Handling all follow-up correspondence via e-mail and telephone.
- Directing and implementing all local marketing and tourism initiatives
- Handling all charitable requests for donations
- Managing and updating the winery website on a regular basis.
- Hands on management of all of the Social Media activities of the business on Facebook, Youtube and other platforms
- Collect, organize and archive photographs
- Assistance with media and public relations
- Assisting the President in conducting winery visitations, tours and wine-tastings for VIP’s, Media and other stakeholders
- Attending and representing the winery at trade and consumer shows such as Cornucopia, Vancouver Wine Festival, Okanagan Wine Festival, etc.
- Assisting with the design, set-up and execution of various events during the course of the year
- Attending various Trade Association Meetings (TOTA, OOWA, and BCWI) on behalf of the President.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Marketing Coordinator role
- Strong background in communications and writing
- Although not imperative, a degree or certificate in Marketing and/or Communications from an accredited and recognized academic institution would be favorable.
- Must be currently eligible to work in Canada
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org