We have an incredible opportunity with a dynamic, ambitious, growing Vancouver company. The Marketing Director is responsible for all marketing efforts including revenue management, communications, public relations and community outreach.
As a member of the leadership team, the Marketing Director will participate in the development and implementation of company’s strategic plan, as well as the company’s annual operating plan. The Marketing Director will also lead the development of a functionally specific AOP, providing strategic vision for the support of goals, objectives and strategies within the sales and marketing team.
The successful candidate will be an energetic leader who can think strategically, act tactically, is hard working and energized by the prospect of being part of a group embarking on creating a world renowned travel experience. You will possess an analytical bias, be tech savvy, and entrepreneurial in your thinking, and have a focus on exceptional service.
- Quality Focused
- Professional demeanor and style
- Ability – IQ balanced with EQ
- Wisdom – inquisitive and learning adaptive
- Service Before Self & Team Orientation
- Leads by example
- Bias for action
- Demonstrated leadership in building a winning marketing team, while delivering business results.
- University degree, with preference for specialization in marketing and/or business management.
- Tourism industry experience, including product (package) development.
- Product or Brand Management experience including a deep appreciation for consumer research and insights.
- Experience leading creative efforts and/or working with ad/communication agencies.
- Familiar and fluent in all aspects of digital marketing.
- 5 to 7 years marketing management experience in a small or medium sized organization, which has undergone a period of significant growth and/or restructuring.
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to lead the growth of consumer inspiration utilizing “pull” marketing approaches, enticing guests from around the world.
- Expertise in multi-channel consumer go to market strategy development and execution
- Excellent business judgment skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid administrative, analytical and time management skills
Skills and Expertise:
- Experience with International Marketing
- Has worked in a call centre environment
- Previous use of CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Being a part of a start-up venture
- Familiarity with Licensing Agreements
Reports to: VP & General Manager
Reporting in: Product Manager
Collaborates with all internal and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership in all areas of marketing, internally and externally
- Recruit, select, hire and coach high performing, collaborative sales and marketing members to support company’s objectives.
- Focus the organization on constantly identifying market opportunities based on market dynamics, consumer preferences, and business potential. Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, risks, and develop new products and/or appropriate tactical responses
- Establish go-to-market strategies and tactics that support corporate goals, including product development, packages, pricing, scheduling, consumer and trade support and public relations ensuring that sales and marketing plans and initiatives in all markets and geographic areas support corporate goals for revenue and profitability.
- Identify, nurture and cultivate strong working relationships and partnerships with:
- Suppliers, including other travel/hospitality providers, especially those providing package elements
- Select DMOs, community &/or business associations, etc.
- Be an ardent brand defender, ensuring brand standards are set and adhered to.
- Lead and direct the team’s digital and social marketing efforts including data capture and integration using marketing strategies and sound analytics.
- Lead the company’s communications and public relations, ensuring corporate and brand alignment in all initiatives.
- Effectively oversee day-to-day operations and ensure that performance is on track to achieve profit and growth objectives. Identify gaps in performance and implement needed corrective actions to get back on track.
- Coach team on needed performance improvements.
- Meet as needed with the General Manager to review facts, trends and analysis
- Travel as required to maintain productive business relationships, assess market trends and marketing program effectiveness.
Measures of Success:
- Successfully meeting AOP budgeted financial and non-financial objectives.
- Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the industry and a continuous awareness of competitive situations.
- Representing the Company’s goals and values in all relationships with clients and the business community.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the organization, the Company’s products, and people.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with the QHSE policy and QHSEMS and applying it everyday
- Ensure personnel understand their roles and responsibilities regarding QHSE
- Ensure risk management controls are in place and working effectively and that personnel understand and are applying controlled processes and procedures
- Ensure KPIs (objectives) are developed, monitored and reviewed
- Ensure appropriate resources and leadership is available to support QHSE
- Ensure personnel are trained, competent and certified as appropriate to do their work
- Engaging, educating and coaching personnel in QHSE
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements including WHS and environmental requirements
- Ensuring we understand and meet or exceed our customers’ expectations
- Develop a workplace culture that results in positive safety performance
- Promote a focus on learning and continuous improvement
- Take reasonable care of, and cooperate with, actions taken to protect the health and safety of both themselves and others
- Ensure all accidents, incidents, near misses and hazards are reported as soon as is practicable
- Do whatever is reasonably practical to ensure that both the workplace and the work itself are safe
- Ensure that all personnel are always ‘Fit for Work’
Competitive compensation, bonus and growth opportunities.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org