We are looking for a multifaceted, common sense professional who likes a busy pace. Lots of room for growth in this successful company. An organized, detail oriented, self-starter who likes to wear many hats would do well in this growing position / company.
- Perform basic bookkeeping and accounts payable function: entry of vendor invoices, preparation of expense reports, reconciliation of credit cards, monthly bank reconciliations, payments to vendors and company payroll.
- Office management: oversee incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, monitor inventory of, and order office supplies, answer incoming phone calls, print and file documents.
- Organize meetings and other events for staff and vendors, set up board room for meetings.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of company records.
- Work on special projects, as they arise.
- Perform other accounting and office administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an office setting with a familiarity of basic bookkeeping and accounting and the desire to work with a small, tight-knit team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working as an administrative assistant, bookkeeper, or office receptionist.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is an asset.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to show initiative, take responsibility, and be a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to work both independently and in a team.
- A positive, professional, can-do attitude.
Competitive compensation to coincide with experience. Bonus, medical benefits, flexible work hours, casual work environment.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com
Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.