Regional Sales Director / Business Development Toronto
REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR/ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Our Client is an industry leader who is looking to add a dynamic Business Development professional with experience selling into the C suite at large companies and organizations including those in the mining and energy sector.
The Sales and Marketing function across all local offices exists to provide comprehensive risk management solutions to existing and potential clients
Role Overview and General Responsibilities
Reporting to the President, Canada , the Business Development Manager, will primarily be responsible for identifying and closing business with energy and mining clients in Canada.
• Identify and secure prospective clients to drive new business acquisition and gross profit target achievement
• Acquire an in-depth understanding of the domestic energy and mining sectors
• Understand customer needs, requirements and market trends, identify buying influences and develop contacts at the highest appropriate levels within target clients and prospects.
• Grow and manage a pipeline of opportunities in the CRM system (Salesforce.com). Report as requested on business development and new opportunities.
• Ensure professional representation of client and industry specific functions and maximize network opportunities,
• Continually evaluate progress within the market segment against pipeline objectives, revenue and profit targets and client plans.
• Ensure the professional standard of all written all client proposals, tender documents and communication is adhered to, in line with company standards and pricing procedures.
• Deliver against sales targets
The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may be varied from time to time. This job description is subject to regular review.
• Ensure real time update of all client related activities into Salesforce.com including performing the following activities:
• Managing the sales pipeline, from the start of all engagements with prospects/clients, timely updating any changes (i.e. stages, competitors and resolution causes for WON and LOST opportunities)
• Tracking of all activities/points of contact with prospects/clients, providing detailed information on what was discussed/decided and on exchanged documents
• Ensuring that all owned records (accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc.) are timely and accurately updated
Requirements: Briefly describes the educational background, job-related experience, technical knowledge or skills necessary to perform the job.
Required Work Experience
• Proven experience in a sales role with sales and gross profit responsibility and a track record of achievement
• 3-5 years sales experience in the energy service sector a must.
• Prior working experience or demonstrable knowledge in the Canadian energy sector is nice to have.
• Educated to University level
Required Behavioral Skills
• An experienced closer. A natural networker with the ability to map out key account plans from cold calling to contract signing..
• Well developed influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to motivate and influence internal and external clients to commit to buy and the drive to close sales.
• Experience engaging with various levels at field and corporate level
• Good strategic thinker with strong planning and organization skills who has the experience to develop solutions by adopting a consultative sales approach.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously, including activity planning and pipeline management.
• Strong individual who can work autonomously and within a team to deliver results.
• Ability to research and successfully gather all the required / relevant information relating to a client, prospect and/or individual/contact to support each stage of the sales process
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to travel throughout Canada
• Clean driving record
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence to:
To apply for this role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and if this role is not an exact fit, please note that other roles are available in this vertical so don’t hesitate to submit a resume for consideration.