Our client is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. Innovative and customer-focused. Currently recruiting for the role of Sales Development Specialist to join the team in Surrey, BC. The Sales Development Specialist is responsible for contacting and qualifying external prospects and business development leads via telephone and e-mail campaigns. The goal is to schedule face-to-face sales appointments for our Advisors to conduct meetings to introduce, position, and promote our product lines and ultimately secure new sales. This is an amazing office of young, fun, dynamic, successful people!
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of new business development appointments
- Ensure accurate scheduling and confirmations of appointments and key participant(s)
- Ensure high quality of appointments with defined reason for meeting, clear understanding of prospect needs and specific topics for discussion.
- Maintain adherence to CRM accuracy and best practices
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering the “WOW!” factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, lunchtime walks, short Fridays) your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop new business relationships with prospective customers by telephone and by e-mail
- Outbound call volume of 50+ connects daily
- Schedule face-to-face appointments with prospect decision makers and local Partner Advisors
- Conduct engaging, clear and concise professional verbal and written communication
- Complete volume call campaigns within defined timeframes
- Ensure accurate CRM record keeping and reporting
- 3-5 years experience in an outbound call centre or outbound Inside sales role
- Demonstrated, consistent success and achievement of Key Performance Indicators and targets in previous roles
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality, with strong self-motivation and desire to achieve goals
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- early start weekends! (shorter workday on Fridays)
- education assistance
- access to our Group RRSP plan
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org