We have an awesome opportunity to be part of something new and exciting! Looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager to be responsible for planning and implementing sales and product development, both short and long range, setting sales goals, and selection, training, and management of the sales representatives. Provide advice and coaching to the sales representatives on ways to improve their sales performance. Ensure that all the sales representatives, reservations team and crews are aligned with the same deliverables and targets.
- Hiring, training, and motivating the sales team. Direct reports are; sales representatives and digital marketing strategist.
- Build strong relationships with members with the tourism, travel, and hospitality industry – which include destination management companies; and receptive tour operators.
- Grow brand, develop product, and oversee marketing strategies and their implementation.
- Develop sales and marketing budget and monitor adherence and tracking against the budget.
- Initiate and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Provides input into pricing strategy, focusing on the analysis of competitive activity.
- Overseeing merchandise purchasing and distribution strategies.
- Leads the development of selling tools for initiatives and promotions.
- Identifies information needed to be collected as part of competitive activity.
- Represents company at all tour, travel, and hospitality forums.
- Knowledge of tour, travel, and hospitality industry and specific detailed knowledge re: region’s competitors, clients, and prospects. Take initiative to obtain new or industry knowledge when needed (i.e. attending seminars, reading industry articles)
- Initiative: Demonstrates resourcefulness in problem-solving. Capacity to find resolutions to problems.
- Follow-up. Demonstrate ability to follow up on leads, projects, staff requests.
- Organization: Completes projects when due. Manage schedule to maximize time in the field with team members while getting management reports and projects completed. Ability to prioritize projects.
- Detail-Oriented. Includes accuracy of reports and information provided to sales team and the management team.
- Respond to potential or actual problems appropriately and immediately.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Fluency in English, Outstanding Communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or a relevant area
- 7-10 years’ experience leading sales teams selling in travel, tourism, and events management.
- Experience with customer relationship management systems and marketing automation tools is desired
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to build and manage cohesive teams
- Ability to work independently and proven effectiveness at managing multiple priorities/deadlines
- Resilience to cope with pressure at peak times
- Exhibited success in the following sales management challenges:
-new sales representative development
-sales process design
-consultative sales approach and Quality based selling
Competitive compensation, bonus and benefits.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com