Sales Representative – Automotive Supplies
Home office based, salary 70k, 15k bonus, company vehicle etc.
Territory Vancouver, lower mainland.
Help automotive dealers and manufacturers increase market share and customer service metrics by making it easy and profitable to sell tires, services and parts. The compnay serves more than 7,700 automobile dealers in the United States and Canada to increase their fixed-operations sales and revenue by providing training, support, technology, materials and inventory.
Our warehouse distribution network is world class, with distribution centers across the United States and Canada. Dealerships trust us to deliver the right tire at the right time at the right price. Our training, technology, sales and support staff form a complete package with an unsurpassed ability to help dealers help their customers.
With efforts focused on vehicle safety and performance, the company have put thousands of safer vehicles on roads while helping partners and customers channel new revenue streams into their businesses.
Tire distribution, Program management, Light-maintenance products, Dealership training
• Use consultative selling process to penetrate accounts
• Manage portfolio to meet sales and productivity goals
• Effectively build relationships with Dealership Management to gain commitment to plans in order to meet objectives
• Create awareness and communicate key initiatives and program value to ensure commitment
• Effectively implement Tire solutions that match the needs of the dealership and effectively communicate our value
• Develop and deliver market review plans that identify outcome with operational team and future need for operation team to maximize results
• Clearly create and communicate specific strategy, goals and expected action plans and follow-up plans to drive results – internally and externally (across all levels of the dealership including GM/DP)
• Collaborate with operational team including pre-commitment, in dealership, and post meeting and follow up to set expectations
• Develop the business through collaboration with OEM field contacts and other program resources
• Develop and maintain consistent monthly contact schedule with dealers.
• Manage all activity and account information in the daily activity system (SMART)
• Effectively diagnose opportunities for each dealership while determining the investment and ROI for each.
• Assess, reinforce and implement processes and elements across the service lane.
• Drive service advisor effectiveness and overall retail strategies through coaching and training to maximize the business opportunity across all products.
• Analyze and identify training needs of dealership staff.
• Develop and implement strategies and tactics to assist dealerships with their Effective Selling Strategy.
• Conduct market competitive shops and analysis to provide market competitive price information/positioning.
• Work with the Service Manager and Parts Manager to determine product screen and set competitive pricing.
• Perform inventory analysis and collaborate with Service and Parts Managers to determine appropriate product mix and inventory levels across all products to meet business objectives.
• Collaborate with the dealership to optimize merchandising components.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and share best practices across the team and the dealership network to support continuous improvement.
• Utilize data and analytics to review performance, identify opportunities, and facilitate dealership meetings.
• Resolve customer service issues related to any account activity.
• Assisting dealers in marketing and promoting tire sales through Alliance programs
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of pricing lists, retail selling guides, special promotion materials, etc. and distributing them to customers.
• Providing tire merchandising market support to dealers
Other Duties as Assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Minimum 3 years of experience in retail automotive operations, or equivalent experience in related environment
Prior experience selling and project managing a book of business
Skilled at taking in many inputs, prioritizing, coordinating resources and executing
Full understanding of all aspects of sales process (inventory, inspect, train, sell/retain) and the ability to negotiate and close deals
Relatable across the dealership and good communication with management and Dealer Tire internal
Proficiency at intermediate level with all Microsoft Office products required
Strong and quick assessment skills with ability to critically think in the moment and add value
Strong customer relationship skills and ability to sell at the top
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence to:
to apply for this role please e-mail email@example.com and if this role is not an exact fit, please note that other roles are available in this vertical so don’t hesitate to submit a resume for consideration.