Our client has been designing and building Corporate and Commercial interiors since 1966. Offering personal and individualized design or construction reflecting companies corporate environment, vision and brand. We provide the total solution and are seeking a creative Senior Commercial Designer to join our team.
- Conduct site and workplace analysis for plan development and product recommendations relative to the specific needs of the organization within budgetary considerations.
- Conduct meetings and presentations with project team members to ensure proper project coordination including time management, product and finish selections and budgetary considerations.
- Present vision and options to clients.
- Develop furniture plans including technology, electrical and communication data for use with project team members including the client, architects and designers, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Develop detailed furniture plans, renderings and specifications to ensure clear communication of all furniture layouts, products, finishes and accessories.
- Review documentation of all client approved work for design, accuracy and completeness prior to order entry.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Interior Design from an accredited institution and 3-5 year minimum industry related work experience, with a strong background in commercial interiors
- Proficient AutoCAD experience required
- Knowledge of building codes
- LEED certification an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment while also being self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills,
- Must be detail-oriented, work well in an active and fast-paced environment, meet deadlines consistently and communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to conceptualize design solutions that are creative and innovative with good design sense in regards to both aesthetics and function
Competitive compensation, experience dependent.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are looking for a long term role in leadership with an excellent team and a company who is the leader in their field, please send your resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.