Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly-owned operations include the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company owns the La Preciosa project in Mexico, a silver-gold exploration stage project. Coeur also conducts numerous exploration activities in North and South America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Coeur Silvertip mine located in British Columbia, just 10 miles south of the Yukon border is seeking a Sr. HR Generalist to work in a camp-based environment rotating on 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off schedule. We are looking for someone who lives in Vancouver, Prince George, Kelowna or Nanaimo.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
The Sr. HR Generalist will reside in the Human Resources department and will report to the Human Resources Manager.
- Providing guidance and assistance to employees and managers including employee relations, recruitment, performance management, disability management, and HR policies and programs;
- Supporting the implementation of HR programs such as the annual performance management and compensation review process;
- Assisting with the recruitment activity with hiring managers utilizing effective and innovative methods to attract top talent;
- Developing workplace policies and practices that position Coeur as a workplace of choice;
- Providing recommendations to enhance and streamline HR processes and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all Provincial and Federal employment legislations;
- Develop and recommend effective onboarding processes;
- Creation and maintenance of job descriptions for all appropriate positions and develop competency tools for evaluation;
- Ensure required communication of policies to staff, inclusive of appropriate documentation;
- Assisting in special projects supporting HR priorities and business initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business;
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in human resources in a generalist or business partner role;
- Mining, Oil and Gas or Heavy Industrial experience is preferred;
- Strong problem-solving, teamwork and ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and desired compensation should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.