Oil and Gas Exploration and Mining – Senior Project Manager
Industry: Oil and Gas
Recruiter: Stephen Norcross
Our Client; an oil and gas exploration and production company focused on the development of in-situ oil sands in Northern Alberta is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to lead and support major capital facilities projects through scoping, design basis, design specification and execution requiring experienced coordination of all project stakeholders throughout the project life. Additionally the role will require leading and supporting the development of various standards, procedures and systems for execution of projects for the company.
Reporting to the Manager of Projects key responsibilities include:
• Overall planning, development, implementation, management and successful completion of assigned projects.
• Responsible to lead project team through project scoping, DBM, EDS and execution phases. Develop and maintain project scopes of work, cost estimates, budgets, schedules and resource estimation.
• Ensure contracts are in place with correct terms and conditions and operate in respect of those contracts.
• Monitor project scope, cost, schedule and quality to guarantee adherence to project requirements.
• Work with engineering to establish technical deliverables, execute design, model and HAZOP reviews.
• Work with Project Controls group to establish project budgets, schedules and mitigate project risks.
• Report on Project status clearly and honestly on the required basis
• Monitor and manage changes in scope, budget, quality from project baselines
• Review and approve technical documents and drawing packages at predetermined hold points.
• Review, approve and issue equipment bid packages.
• Approve vendor and contractor invoices, timesheets and expense claims.
• Prepare and execute construction contract documents.
• Coordinate Project post-mortem meetings.
• Maintain sound business relationships with Clients, Vendors and Contractors.
• Assist with / Lead development of Project and Technical Document standards and procedures
• Assist with / Lead development of Project Procurement & Contracts standards and procedures
This position requires solid leadership, communication, organizational and management skills to lead and direct others to achieve project goals.
• A Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) registered or qualified to be registered in Alberta
Apply directly to email@example.com