We are looking for an energetic leader who can think strategically, act tactically, is hard working and energized by the prospect of being part of a group embarking on creating a world renowned travel experience. You will possess an analytical bias, be tech savvy, and entrepreneurial in your thinking, and have a focus on exceptional service.
The Vice President, Sales & Marketing (VPSM) is responsible for all sales and marketing efforts including revenue management, communications, public relations and community outreach. As a member of the leadership team, the VPSM will participate in the development and implementation of companies strategic plan, as well as the company’s annual operating plan. The VPSM will also lead the development of a functionally specific AOP, providing strategic vision for the support of goals, objectives and strategies within the sales and marketing team.
- Provide leadership in all areas of sales and marketing, internally and externally
- Recruit, select, hire and coach high performing, collaborative sales and marketing members to support companies’ objectives.
- Focus the organization on constantly identifying market opportunities based on market dynamics, consumer preferences, and business potential. Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks, and develop new products and/or appropriate tactical responses.
- Establish go-to-market strategies and tactics that support corporate goals, including product development, packages, pricing, scheduling, consumer and trade support and public relations ensuring that sales and marketing plans and initiatives in all markets and geographic areas support corporate goals for revenue and profitability.
- Identify, nurture and cultivate strong working relationships and partnerships with:
- Key customers (including tour operators, travel agencies/consortia, select consolidators and other travel providers) to build business development plans that profitably grow companies business
- Suppliers, including other travel/hospitality providers, especially those providing package elements
- Select DMOs, community &/or business associations, etc.
- Be an ardent brand defender, ensuring brand standards are set and adhered to.
- Lead and direct the team’s digital and social marketing efforts including data capture and integration using marketing strategies and sound analytics.
- Lead the company’s communications and public relations, ensuring corporate and brand alignment in all initiatives.
- Effectively oversee day-to-day operations and ensure that performance is on track to achieve profit and growth objectives. Identify gaps in performance and implement needed corrective actions to get back on track.
- Coach team on needed performance improvements.
- Meet as needed with the President to review facts, trends and analysis.
- Travel as required to maintain productive business relationships, manage key customer accounts, assess market trends, program effectiveness and sales implementation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership in building a winning sales and marketing team, while delivering business results.
- University degree, with preference for specialization in marketing and sales and/or business management.
- Tourism industry experience, including product (package) development.
- Product or Brand Management experience including a deep appreciation for consumer research and insights.
- Experience leading creative efforts and/or working with ad/communication agencies.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and maintaining strong, profitable customer relationships.
- Familiar and fluent in all aspects of digital marketing.
- 7 to 10 years sales and/or marketing management experience in a small or medium sized organization, which has undergone a period of significant growth and/or restructuring.
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to lead the growth of consumer inspiration utilizing “pull” marketing approaches, enticing guests from around the world.
- Expertise in multi-channel consumer go to market strategy development and execution
- Excellent business judgment skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid administrative, analytical and time management skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with International Sales and Marketing
- Has worked in a call centre environment
- Previous use of CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Being a part of a start-up venture
- Familiarity with Licensing Agreements
- Quality Focused
- Ability – IQ balanced with EQ
- Wisdom – inquisitive and learning adaptive
- Service before self
- Leads by example
- Bias for action
Measures of Performance:
- Successfully meeting AOP budgeted financial and non-financial objectives.
- Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the industry and a continuous awareness of competitive situations.
- Representing the Company’s goals and values in all relationships with clients and the business community.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the organization, the Company’s products, and people.
**Competitive compensation, bonus, benefits
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are looking for a dynamic, long term role with an exciting start-up company, please send your resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining reasons for interest in the position and compensation expectations electronically, in confidence directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Only those candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered.