Clos du Soleil Winery is a top-tier boutique winery located in the beautiful Similkameen Valley of British Columbia. We are searching for a full-time Vineyard and Operations Manager to begin work by September 2017. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an international award winning winery specializing in organic and bio dynamic viticulture and for an experienced individual to work within an environmentally-friendly framework that produces clearly superior grapes and wines. The successful candidate will be more than a vineyard manager and will have full management responsibility for all viticultural decisions and implementation, as well as an opportunity to learn cellar and wine making skills if desired.
A successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in viticulture and vineyard management (Clos du Soleil utilizes both organic & biodynamic practices – openness to these practices is a requirement. Prior experience with these specific practices is a bonus, but not a requirement.)
- 3-5 years vineyard management experience
- A very strong work ethic, and an ability to be flexible and work in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with contracted growers in addition to managing owned-properties
- Be self-directed, and able to work independently
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to develop a budget and manage vineyard properties within this budget
- Experienced operation of tractors, forklifts, and typical vineyard/farm equipment
- The job will include cellar work throughout the year. Prior cellar experience is a bonus. An interest in cellar work is a requirement.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced vineyard manager to gain valuable experience in a quickly developing winery. We are looking for a hard worker who wants to join our growing organization for the long-term and grow along with us.
Clos du Soleil Winery is located at 2568 Upper Bench Road, Keremeos BC. The winery also owns and leases vineyards along the Upper Bench of the Similkameen Valley and contracts with other vineyards in the Similkammen Valley and Southern Okanagan. The locations would be the responsibility of the Vineyard and Operations Manager.
The Search Committee will begin considering potential candidates immediately and will continue until the role is successfully filled. Applications, including resume in word format along with a cover letter outlining education and reasons for interest in the position and compensation requirements should be submitted electronically, in confidence directly to: email@example.com